Staff Backend Software Engineer (Application Store Team)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
The new Rippling Store is the most attractive online business marketplace for partner marketers and the first place Rippling customers go to find products and services they need. As Rippling centralizes all company operations in our compound product and automates downstream processes, the Rippling Store is in an unbeatable position to help companies find the right applications and services to grow. As a Software Engineer on the Rippling Store team, you will work on new projects that impact the highest priorities of our technology and business, all while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Ship and own high-impact products end-to-end with high quality.
- Have clear ownership of one or many products or platform spaces.
- Get exposure to the partners and customers in different business domains, who will help provide feedback for your product space
- Build a new product and engineer team from ground up shaping the future priorities of Rippling
- Learn and understand how your product can help Rippling continually differentiate itself
- Provide leadership and ownership of one or many product spaces
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- Experience building large-scale user-facing applications
- Expertise in building complex distributed services
- Strong CS knowledge
- You’re good at cross-functional communication with product managers, designers, etc
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with both backend and frontend development
- Bonus points if you are proficient in Python Django and MongoDB
- Bonus points if you’ve previously worked with AWS
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $205,000 - $279,000/year
Tier 2: $184,000 - $252,000/year
Tier 3: $174,000 - $238,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
If you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected]
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?