Staff Engineer - Compute Infrastructure
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors-including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About The Role
The compute infrastructure team takes care of running the application in our prod and non-prod environments, our CI pipeline infrastructure and governance for product team specific infra needs. Our primary code base is a python monolith. We have home-grown tools & frameworks for running background jobs, deployments and managing cloud infra. You have an opportunity to work at framework level that would be used by the developers. The team is split across US and India. To mention a few tools AWS EKS & ECS, Python, Datadog and terraform.
What you will do
- Solving problems on deployment infrastructure -- in unconventional ways at times
- Conceive and build tools that make developers efficient and push high-quality code
- Work on home-grown frameworks enhancements
- Evolve the deployment infra needs as we refactor and split the monolith
- Design scalable and robust systems, and make decisions that will keep pace with the rapid growth of Rippling
- Build relationships with developers across all of our teams to understand their needs and satisfy them with projects you develop
What you will need
- 8+ years of professional work experience in cloud infrastructure
- Experience in build, development, or release systems (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
- Backend development experience would be a big plus . It would help you to work on the homegrown frameworks written in Python
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?