Director of Engineering- Identity
About The Role
We're looking for an engineering leader to scale our Identity engineering team.
The Identity team's charter is to provide a single source of truth for authentication and security policy management across all users and applications that our customers use. This includes managing all of Rippling's internal Identity and Access Management stack, as well as functioning as an Identity Provider to a network of 600+ partners such as Google Workspace, Slack, Dropbox, GitHub, AWS, etc. We maintain and enhance RPass – Rippling's end-to-end encrypted password manager – for securing our customers' credentials. We're also building next-generation security products that combine Rippling's identity management, device management, and employee data in novel ways.
You’ll work on defining, driving, and delivering the technical roadmap of the team, hiring talented engineers who can continue to build out our scalable systems and defining the underlying infrastructure of Rippling's identity stack for the next 10 years.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
- Set up and maintain processes that empower the team to move quickly
- Grow and develop your team
- Ensure your team ships products constantly at a high quality
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
- Have a holistic view across engineering & product and drive engineering & product strategy
- Wear a product manager hat when needed
- 8+ years of engineering experience
- 4+ years of engineering manager experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record of taking initiative and leading projects
- Proficiency with recruiting, organizing, and motivating teams
- Strong product intuition
- Experience or interest in identity and access management, security, cryptography, or related fields
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $262,000 - $368,000/year
Tier 2: $262,000 - $368,000/year
Tier 3: $262,000 - $368,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
Something looks off?