Manager, Engineering III
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About The Role
As an Engineering Manager at Remitly, you are a builder, innovator and a leader, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer challenges and creating great products backed by great systems. We use cutting-edge languages, tools, and frameworks to build applications and services based on scalable cloud architecture. Our startup work environment is fast-paced, mission-driven, and growing quickly.
As part of the Global Money Movement team (GMM), you'll help build, scale and improve our funding and disbursement systems and processing. You'll be working with a passionate cross-functional team of analysts, product managers, and engineers dedicated to understanding our customer's needs and tailoring the customer experience. You will bring exciting new features to our customers through contributing to the expansion of our pay in and pay out networks globally.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a startup environment and working hands-on with others across the company. You know how to make good short and long-term trade-offs to enable a quick test-and-learn cycle while not sacrificing performance and user experience. You have the desire to continuously improve and grow your own technical skills and scope or influence.
Some examples of the current team's interesting projects include:
- You'll work within the global money movement domain handling millions of requests daily, processing billions of dollars every year.
- You'll work in a data-centric organization setting up measurable experiments around your work.
- Build services & APIs to shape our next-generation customer experience
- Build resilient systems to detect and respond to external system outages.
- Advocate for the engineering team on a company-wide audience.
- Manage the system of work of one product team with a DevOps mindset.
- Manage a distributed team of accomplished engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience.
- Typically 8+ years of experience, including:
- Typically 1-3 years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Typically 1-3 years of experience leading core engineering efforts / technical teams / distributed teams
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team.
- An understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Experience working with teams shipping full-stack features or products.
- Experience building diverse, empowered teams.
- Product-oriented & data-driven approach
- Equity in the company - RSUs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Employee Pension Plan (PPK)
- Additional paid time off, subject to approval
- Hybrid work expenses reimbursement
- Headphones Reimbursement
- Health and Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP for employee and family
- Life Insurance
- Travel insurance for employee and family
- Sodexo Lunch Card or Multisport
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Family planning program
- Referral bonus scheme
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.