Principal Product Manager, Privacy
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
As the Principal Product Manager for Privacy at Remitly, you will be reporting to the Group Product Manager under the Customer Acquisition and Retention team. You will be upholding the highest standards of data privacy across all customer interactions. You will help build Remitly's reputation as a brand synonymous with integrity and customer trust. Your primary focus is to create a user-friendly and transparent privacy experience, ensuring that customers can easily manage their privacy settings, whether on web or through the app.
Your responsibilities encompass leading initiatives aimed at achieving compliance with all regulatory requirements within the Consumer Product organization. This includes tasks such as rectifying dual-purpose cookies that pose risks to our customers, maintaining a comprehensive catalog of data flow, and overseeing data retention schedules and standards. In addition to these initiatives, you will identify future technological needs, promote the use of our privacy product, and stay updated on shifts in privacy laws to ensure ongoing compliance and safeguarding of customer data.
Your role serves as a bridge between regulatory compliance and customer trust. At Remitly, we believe that data privacy isn't just about ticking boxes; it's about making our customers feel safe and secure. You will help transform data privacy from a mere regulatory requirement to a brand-winning aspect, ensuring that every Remitly customer feels valued and protected.
- Develop and execute the strategy for our Privacy, aligning it with Remitly's growth plans and overall mission.
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of the product, from concept to execution, measurement, and insights. Your goal is to build and drive the adoption of technology that serves the needs of our customers.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Legal, Privacy & Compliance and other cross functional teams to define technical requirements and translate them into robust customer-winning solutions
- 8+ years of Product Management experience in the area of privacy/compliance
- Knowledge of Privacy regulations and compliance
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with engineering, legal and different business functions
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $161,768-$181,989 In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.