Senior Securities Paralegal
Senior Corporate Paralegal Job Description
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with our remittance services. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Are you a paralegal with securities expertise who enjoys managing complex projects, working with cross-functional teams, and finding creative ways to build structure? Remitly is looking for a securities paralegal to join our dynamic legal team and work cross-functionally to support securities law compliance and corporate governance matters in the U.S. and globally. You will report to our Senior Counsel, Corporate Governance and Securities, and work closely with other members of our legal team as well as across the business, such as finance, accounting, tax and investor relations and engage with members of senior management and board of directors.
- Public company matters: Work with Senior Counsel, other teams and external parties on quarterly and other SEC filings, disclosure control processes, as well as audit processes.
- Board and shareholder matters: Draft minutes and maintain our minute books and corporate records. Review requests for documentation and attend to signature requests.
- Subsidiary management: Assist on corporate compliance matters for Remitly's US and international subsidiaries, including preparing board materials and minutes. Help organize subsidiary board and shareholder meetings, help to establish new entities and offices, and work with tax, treasury, other departments, and outside advisors.
- Transactional matters: Help with due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing and integration for acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Cross-functional support/special projects: Assist with strategic projects involving stock administration, treasury, tax, internal audit, employment/HR, and other teams.
- Project management: Work with our Senior Counsel, Corporate Governance and Securities to drive progress on the corporate Legal team and cross functional corporate projects. Look for opportunities to improve processes that will positively impact the legal team and its counterparts and help us scale.
- You have 4+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience, ideally at a major law firm and/or in-house at a public company.
- You are familiar with SEC filings and requirements, including annual and quarterly filings, Section 16 requirements, and proxy statements and annual shareholder meetings.
- You love sizing up unstructured or ad hoc situations and working with our legal team and cross-functionally to create a strategy to build processes that improve accuracy or efficiency.
- You are comfortable working with senior management and outside counsel.
- You are a team player and effective communicator who is also comfortable making decisions independently.
- You are a notary public, or are willing to become a notary public (don't worry, if you're not, we can help make that happen after you get here)
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $105,000-$130,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.