Software Development Engineer II
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home.
Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role
Reporting to Michal Kulak, the Engineering Manager for the Money Movement Team, Software Development Engineer will work as a backend developer to bring exciting new features to our customers and will maintain them in production. As SDE II candidate will help guide the technical direction of our backend services to ensure that we are moving quickly while adhering to engineering excellence. This is a hybrid role (office location: Krakow).
- Create features with a focus on adding customer value and write tech specs.
- Write effective and efficient code
- Participate with TPM and EM to break down tasks and provide estimates
- Partner and mentor other engineers
- Become an expert with tools and programming languages, engineering processes used within the team in a scalable cloud-based architecture
- Write technical specification and participate in design reviews
- Interview candidates for open roles
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience working on and shipping features or products and proficiency with back-end development.
- Understanding of software development practices, system design, software
- design patterns, and algorithms
- Familiarity with data storage technologies
- Familiarity or interest in learning about operations, especially Kubernetes and AWS
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work closely with application developers and product managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Equity in the company - RSUs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Unlimited paid time off, subject to approval
- min. 26 days paid holidays + additional company's days off
- Hybrid or remote work arrangements with an office in a Kraków City Centre
- Commuting to work expense/remote work expenses reimbursement
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP for employee and family
- Life Insurance
- Travel insurance for employee and family
- Sodexo Lunch Card/Multisport
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Mental health program for employee and their dependents
- Family planning program
- Employee Pension Plan (PPK)
- Headphones Reimbursement
- Referral bonus scheme
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.