Legal Director, Enterprise and Corporate
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally..
About the Role
As Legal Director, Enterprise and Corporate you will be a member of the Legal leadership team, responsible for managing a team of approximately 10 lawyers and legal professionals supporting Remitly. In addition to having a broad range of legal expertise and skills given the broad scope of this team, experience with hiring and growing exceptional people is essential for this leader.
You will advise the business on enterprise and corporate legal matters. This includes managing the legal teams that support business partners in Finance, People, Engineering, Procurement, Facilities and Marketing, all in a fast paced growth environment. This role will be responsible for key enterprise legal functions relating to securities regulation, negotiation of financial agreements and capital raising activities, employment, information security and privacy, SaaS procurement transaction, leases, marketing agreements, and IP as well as legal operations. Key areas of legal innovation focus including guiding AI strategy will also fall in this team. The role will report directly to the General Counsel and will liaise directly with key company executives throughout the organization.
- Manage our Corporate and Securities legal function, providing leadership for subject matter experts that advise on public company work, and corporate governance.
- Provide legal support to Finance and Treasury on capital raising, allocation and management transactions, including credit agreements, equity/debt offerings, intercompany transactions and tax transactions. You will advise on the full range of activities from pipeline planning to due diligence and document negotiation, closings and integration.
- Provide legal support to Business Development organization on mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships work.
- Partner with Tax, Compliance and Corporate Governance teams to optimize and manage the growing global subsidiary structure to manage licensing compliance requirements, optimize tax and fx liabilities and appropriately align litigation and financial risks to licensed entities.
- Manage our Labor and Employment legal function, providing leadership for subject matter experts that advise our People teams.
- Manage our Privacy and Information Security legal function, providing leadership for subject matter experts that advise our Engineering teams.
- Bar admission in a major jurisdiction, preferably Washington, California or New York.
- 10+ combined years of legal experience as an in-house corporate lawyer and a top national or international law firm
- 5+ years experience hiring and managing high performing legal teams
- Significant expertise in corporate legal functions, financial services and tech
- Experience providing strategic guidance and value creating legal work product across a range of legal issues
- Experience creating and advising within a structured and analytical commercial framework
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with and advising senior executives of an organization
- Experience in a quickly scaling environment
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer. Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $188,000-$235,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role. Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.