Third Party Risk Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Third Party Risk Manager who will be responsible for helping Remitly to onboard and manage its third-party relationship, and for the governance surrounding TPRM process and adherence to regulations globally. These range from banking partners, to cloud computing providers and verification agents. Third parties are critical to our success. They help us on our mission and service our customers, but they also pose potential risks if not properly managed. Your mission is to enable the third party management function, including outsourcing, within the group to help take the function, and the business, to the next level. This includes working with stakeholders across various specialties, and globally to grow and implement Remitly's third party management framework to help mitigate risks that such third parties might pose to the business.
- Work with the Vendor team and cross functionally around the ongoing management and review of the Third Party Management governance into the business for teams to effectively onboard, manage and offboard their third parties across the third party lifecycle.
- Understanding, articulating and mitigation risk arising from Third Party reliance with the goal of regulatory compliance and business continuity.
- Provide updates to the Audit & Risk Committee via the Director of Finance and the leadership team on the status of the third party risk management framework and Remitly's third party risk
- Draft guidance for onboarding, monitoring and offboarding third parties.
- Ensure that Remitlians are periodically monitoring their third party relationships in accordance with the Third Party Risk Management framework.
- Assist subject matter experts from Legal, Privacy, Security and Compliance, taking initiative to upskill and support those teams.
- Raise awareness across Remitly about the role of the team and each person's responsibilities.
- Obtain feedback and provide training to colleagues proactively and on request.
- Ensure that teams are periodically reviewing their existing third party relationships and are monitoring SLAs.
- Assist teams with regulatory audits that focus on how Remitly manages its third party relationships.
- Build relationships with multiple business units across the Company and our UK and European markets to provide practical advice on a wide range of third party risk matters.
- You have demonstrable experience in leading, building, embedding and scaling third party risk management processes to effectively onboard, manage and offboard third parties.
- You have a strong and demonstrable understanding of third party regulations.
- You have experience in implementing third party risk management processes in the financial services sector would be highly beneficial.
- You have a track record in taking ownership of cross-functional projects, including being able to focus people behind a common goal, 'tell the story' and make the complex simple.
- You are comfortable working with a range of stakeholders with different needs.
- You have a knowledge of how fast growth companies work – how to balance governance, processes, and the practical considerations of fast growth and scaling.
- You have a get-it-done, collaborative approach and an ability to seek creative, risk-based solutions for complex matters.
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $103,000-$130,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.