Internal Audit Manager, Compliance
About the Role: Remitly is looking for a Compliance Audit Manager to conduct compliance audits. As a member of Internal Audit - Compliance Function, you will be a liaison with the Compliance Department, various third party vendors and act as a compliance champion. Using your experience partnering with auditors, management, and process and control owners, you will also provide support for remediation planning to fulfill compliance requirements and provide oversight of outsourced testing resources. You will report into the Senior Manager of Internal Audit - Compliance Function.
- Assist in execution of compliance audits and oversee execution by third party vendors
- Prepare high-quality audit workpapers and review staff auditors' deliverables
- Work with compliance to understand regulatory and consumer compliance requirements, including local license and new compliance requirements
- Stay informed of regulatory audit/exam results, oversee remediation testing, and assist with management requests to support compliance
- Assist with periodically refresh of the global Internal Audit risk assessment
- Assist with performing and/or reviewing compliance audit testing procedures and workpapers, findings, and action plans in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing
- Assist in tracking issues identified during compliance audits
- Assist in preparing executive presentations to management and Remitly's Audit and Risk Committee
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of regulations and required processes applicable to Remitly
- 5+ years of experience in compliance, with at least 4 years auditing compliance at a FinTech, complex retail/consumer financial services, bank, payment services organizations, regulatory agency, or law firm.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, information systems, or computer science
- One or more of the following professional certifications required: CIA, CISA, CFE, CPA, CAMS, CFCS
- Experience building or reviewing compliance monitoring programs (CMP)
- Practical knowledge of BSA/AML, CFPB, PCI, GDPR, and FCPA regulations
- Experience addressing complex and new compliance issues and related laws/regulations
- Experience preparing communications in a manner that adapts to the audience
- Preferred: Experience using AuditBoard
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $110,000-$125,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.