Sr. Manager, Global SOX
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Global SOX to work with our Global Audit team to transition and evolve the SOX Program management function for Remitly Inc. You will work across the company to ensure that the SOX PMO function provides the support to 1st LOD while working with 2nd and 3rd LOD to ensure our SOX Program is evolving with the business as we aquire businesses, build new products , implement new controls and systems. This role will be responsible for coordinating the SOX Program going forward. Global Head of SOX will report into the Finance Transformation department and can be fully remote or onsite.
- Works closely with IA and PwC to understand process and control risk areas to help translate requirements related to internal controls over financial reporting (SOX compliance).
- Assist 1st line with designing processes/controls to meet the above requirements and establishing and maintaining P&Ps in general, and especially for new initiatives, system deployments, automation projects, etc to ensure readiness to meet SOX compliance reqs.
- Attend walkthroughs and coordinate with 1st line to respond to and provide 404a/b audit requests/questions- For issues identified, assist management to define remediation plans, create SAB99 memos, assess controls impact, and share updates on status with IA/PwC
- Advise on key report design/validation and assist with execution of key report validation
- Administer SOC report reviews and assist reviewers to complete reviews
- Oversee and refresh/maintain the SOD program, Fraud Risk Assessment for ICFR
- Oversee 302 sub-certification / control confirmation process supporting disclosure committee and 302 / 906 sign-off.-
- Conduct 2nd line monitoring activities to confirm compliance with policies and procedures, as needed based on risk
- Build and maintain common controls framework (e.g. NIST-CSF, PCI, SOX, etc) to address the breadth of compliance requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field(Audit) or experience
- 7+ years of experience in the accounting or related field(Audit) or experience
- Good working knowledge of internal control frameworks and standards, such as, COSO and SOX.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of English proficiency is required
- Global cross-functional teams, and external consultants
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $120,000-$150,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.