Backend Team Lead
Join a winning, innovation-driven team that plays an important role in promoting financial inclusion and equal opportunities for all. Remitly Israel (formerly Rewire) is a leading digital financial services provider for immigrants.
At Remitly, we push forward and aim for the stars. We hire top talents and invest in promoting their career by providing opportunities, challenges, and a great work environment that places an important emphasis on work-life balance.
As a Backend team lead, you will have the opportunity to build innovative products that affect our customers’ lives directly, lead and mentor a team of talented engineers, and build top-notch consumer-facing applications for hundreds of thousands of users using the most advanced technologies.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Software Team Lead to join our R&D team in order to build our financial ledger system which records all system’s transactions on a high scale and promises 100% data integrity. You will work closely with our core banking and finance R&D teams in order to build a system that ensures high availability, low latency, and a flexible query engine, in order to support our mission-critical system, from real-time money transfers to reconciliation accounting and treasury.
If you like solving hard problems, backend and data engineering challenges, and building high-scale products with strict data integrity that powers a machine that serves Millions of customers around the world, then this role is for you!
- Lead a team of skilled software engineers with a focus on data, who are working on our critical building block of the system - the ledger.
- Ship our ledger system to production, being able to run the initiative from planning, execution, and monitoring in production, and continuously improve the process, in order to create value for our customers.
- Define and track the KPIs of the team.
- Work closely with different stakeholders, such as product managers, BI, tech support, finance team, and operations.
- Work closely with the product team in order to consistently improve our service based on a data-driven approach as well as direct feedback from our customers.
- Planning, building, and maintaining highly available financial services while taking into account high data integrity and security standards.
- Drive and maintain high engineering standards, for execution, code quality, and customer satisfaction.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building production-grade products
- Good understanding of distributed systems, complex production environments, and data integrity
- Deep knowledge of backend languages such as Node.js, Python, Go, Java, Scala, etc.
- Great data processing skills - data warehouse, SQL databases, distributed databases, and performance tuning of data processes
- BSc. in computer science/software engineering from a high-end university or comparable experience
- People person - being able to lead a team of engineers and mentor them to grow and fulfill their career goals
- Experience with large-scale systems in a production environment running in a cloud environment
- Knowledge in Kubernetes - a big plus
- Being able to run processes and drive for action in remote team setup, working with our global team in the US and EU.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.