Senior Software Engineer - Compliance Technologies
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Money does not move without adhering to a complex set of rules and regulations, and every country has its own set. But this isn't just about playing by the rules; it's about transforming the global financial landscape! As part of the Compliance team you will build systems to ensure that Remitly follows all government regulations regarding money movement. You will be an integral part of ensuring that Remitly can thrive in its current markets while propelling our expansion into uncharted territories brimming with novel regulations.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team you will report to the Compliance Engineering Manager and work directly with Product Managers and Compliance Officers to develop robust solutions for our compliance and regulatory needs. You will also support the health of the space by identifying, communicating, and addressing gaps in our existing implementations. Your expertise will empower us to conquer new frontiers and reshape the future of financial compliance on a global scale!
This role is available on site in Seattle and Spokane, WA, or remote USA. #LI-Remote
- Design systems to support the analysis and enforcement of complex government regulations
- Reduce human error by automating the generation of regulatory reports and developing additional validation mechanism for our reports
- Support company expansion into new markets through implementation of regulation in code
- Communicate directly with Product Managers to make difficult decisions around priority, scope, and timeline of projects
- Build scalable backend services in Kotlin/Java and Go
- Contribute to long-term team roadmap planning
- Mentor junior developers
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a team environment
- 1+ years of leading projects from design to delivery
- Experience designing and leading other engineers on large features in collaboration with Product Management and other partners
- A high level of attention to detail with experience in thorough testing of complex internal logic
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to convert external requests into an action plan
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $159,090-$210,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.