Principal Engineer, Fraud Scoring
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Maintaining a low friction customer experience while keeping fraud loss rates low is a differentiator for Remitly. We're looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help accelerate our fraud machine learning program.
You'll work with a team of engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers and software engineers to build, launch, improve and ensemble new machine learning models for fraud prevention. You will report to our Director of Risk Engineering.
- Partner with machine learning engineers and data scientists to improve the pace of development in our domain
- Help identify and prioritize new modeling objectives within the fraud prevention space
- Research and develop new techniques for ensembling and integrating machine learning models with our financial services products
- Refine approaches for collecting ground-truth data and early fraud signals
- Develop an understanding of the dynamic nature of fraud prevention systems interacting with real-world fraudsters
- Help solve thorny issues in the seams between different disciplines
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years working with machine learning or data science teams
- Experience with data systems including streaming and ETL or batch processing
- An understanding of common machine learning concepts and model architectures
- Flexible time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $187,500-$202,500. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.