Software Development Engineer II, Lending
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard-earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As an engineer reporting to the engineering manager for Lending, you will help build full stack products using React Native, modern Java and Go. You will take on some of our most challenging technical problems while building the first generation of our novel lending service and APIs. Joining at such an early stage, you will have a large impact on the cultural and technical foundation of Lending at Remitly.
- Build novel product: Guide and participate in the creation and implementation of solutions to problems facing the engineering team. You will deploy your expertise in technical writing, distributed systems architecture, coding, and software development processes to achieve amazing things for the team.
- Design: Participate in the brainstorming, technical design, and grooming of the next generation of Lending with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Craft with pride: Focus on overall product quality and build.
- Collaborate: Partner with product management, design, and others to build high-quality features for our users.
- 2 or more years of experience developing full-stack applications - preferably using React-native and Java.
- Understanding of basic web development concepts, such as RESTful APIs, HTTP protocol, and database management.
- Knowledge of software development principles, including version control, testing, and debugging.
- Flex paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law. #LI-Hybrid
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $116, 710 - $150, 500. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.