Senior Analytics Engineer (Seattle or U.S. Remote)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a senior analytics engineer, you will enable stakeholders at Remitly to easily find the data they need to make decisions. You'll do this by leading a data mart strategy and using your technical skills to build it out. You'll partner with analysts, engineers, PMs and others to define the requirements while being accountable for delivering the end product. You will report to the Analytics Engineering Manager.
- Lead the development of data marts and pipelines for several domains across the company
- Collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models
- Set company-wide standards for data marts regarding structure, quality and expectations
- Own our data catalog built off Amundsen
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Work remotely or from our office in downtown Seattle
- 6+ years as an analytics engineer or equivalent
- Experience in dimensional data modeling, ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Expert in SQL, git and a programming language (ie Python, Java, etc)
- Experience with Airflow, Snowflake/Redshift, spark, dbt
- Experience with CI/CD and DataOps best practices
- Unlimited paid time-off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $159,090 - $210,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?