HR Business Partner
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We believe our vision, mission, cultural values and customer-centric people are strategic differentiators for our business. These are not just words; we work hard to embed this philosophy into every aspect of our work.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for a seasoned HR Business Partner to support our teams to deliver our mission and serve our customers. You will be a critical resource in the implementation and delivery of our global HR strategy through stakeholder and local disciplinary management, employee engagements, retention initiatives, performance review, and succession planning while also aiming for continuous improvement on existing HR global and local practices and procedures.
The HR Business Partner will be based in Mandaluyong City, Philippines reporting directly to the Head of Human Resources in Remitly’s Regional Office in the Philippines.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with stakeholders in your line of business (LOB) to ensure a deep understanding of HR strategies and timely implementation of important HR initiatives.
- Develop strong business acumen to be able to support LOBs by providing insightful guidance relating to their business strategies and objectives.
- Act as the key point of contact for your stakeholders and provide guidance on HR-related matters such as staffing, total rewards, talent development, and retention.
- Support leaders and stakeholders in managing talent development and employee discipline by providing recommended action plans.
- Ensure timely and effective communication of global and local HR initiatives to assigned stakeholders and LOBs.
- Conduct and lead learning sessions to stakeholders on various HR topics.
- Ensure data-driven conversations with stakeholders. Identify data trends and make recommendations to improve people and business performance.
- Lead authentically by being a champion of Remitly’s culture and its values. Also, drive adoption of Remitly’s culture and values through HR-led activities, DEI and engagement initiatives.
Organization Development and Process Improvement
- Continuously improve by working closely with the Head of HR on process improvement initiatives this includes but not limited to timely evaluation and updating of HR policies and operating procedures to ensure both global/cross regional offices alignment and compliance to relevant local employment laws, successful roll out of related changes, if applicable.
- Establish and maintain empathetic partnerships with stakeholders and leaders that will have an impact on Remitly and its customers with thorough understanding of current employee engagement.
- Support new hire onboarding to ensure they’re aware of Remitly’s culture, processes and desk procedures.
- Work closely with HRSS to address employee concerns majorly on payroll and benefits.
- Hire and develop exceptional people by actively participating in the recruitment process to properly identify behavioral- and culture-fit among candidates. Partnering with the Training Team to ensure learning and development are in place to further develop employees' functional competencies.
- Manage HR day-to-day operations activities as needed.
You Should Have:
- 3+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner or other related role.
- Preferably with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or other related course.
- Proven record as someone who can effectively partner with managers and senior leaders. Constructively direct with stakeholders if necessary.
- In-depth knowledge in HR best practices and local labor laws.
- A data-driven and analytical approach.
- Alignment with Remitly’s mission, vision, and cultural values.
- Be amenable to work onsite and demonstrate flexibility to work on a shifting schedule.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Something looks off?