Complaints Manager Europe
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
- Report to the Chief Operations Officer for Europe, be responsible for European Complaints & Escalations
- Ensure Processes, Workflows, and Documentation match
- Regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis
- Remitly complaints handling policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure Complaints Training and Quality Assurance is robust and well managed: owning the complaints training content and delivery for both Complaints and frontline colleagues, and the first line QA framework for guaranteeing excellence in end-to-end complaints handling
- Manage First Line Complaints Reporting: producing both internal and external reporting on complaints
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis which will generate the right insights and direction of travel to address our Customer issues, remediate weak processes and poor customer experience
- Regularly interact and collaborate with internal teams / functions with the overall aim of constantly improving our level of service provided to our customers
- Build strong relationships with all relevant stakeholders giving them confidence that our complaint management practices are in line with all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Reporting to Senior Management and providing statistical data on complaints, including the response time, trends noted, significant service failures including remediation steps and escalations to the Financial Ombudsman.
- Bring a strong customer focus and drive to get things right for our customers.
- 5 years+ complaints leadership in a regulated environment
- Experience in maturing the Controls and Management of a large customer focused business ideally in the financial services space
- Deep Central Bank of Ireland or UK financial services regulatory knowledge in the Consumer and Error domains
- Understanding of the Central Bank of Ireland fitness and probity rules as this role constitutes a controlled function role and therefore candidates must meet minimum requirements of the rules.
- Significant experience in using Root Causes Analysis, data driven insights to drive action to reduce complaint volumes while delivering positive customer outcomes
- Experience of managing teams and stakeholders through the Change journey
- Vendor management / multi-site experience (desirable)
- 34 days of vacation (including public holidays)
- Group private medical insurance with Irish Life & Health
- Group pension (6% contributed) and group income protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Learning and development benefits
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Something looks off?