Senior Qualitative Researcher, Immigrant Communities- Seattle or US Remote
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Researcher who can help us to learn about immigrant communities around the world. Your research will improve Remitly's global, regional, and country-specific marketing campaigns, working in close collaboration with Creative and Growth teams. Your work will produce insights that are strategic, relevant, and durable about immigrants around the world. You will use qualitative methods and draw from primary and secondary data. You will report to the Head of Market Research, Consumer Insights.
- Collaborate with several teams in Marketing to provide insights about immigrant communities in specific cities, countries, and regions
- Partner with designers, growth marketers, product marketers, community marketing managers, and fellow researchers to scope, plan, and implement research to understand the needs and trends of our target audiences
- Test creative assets (such as TV commercials, holiday campaigns, Facebook ads) during their development and before launch in markets, for cultural sensitivity and accuracy
- Plan and conduct end-to-end research independently and as a part of a team (i.e., manage research requests, develop research plans, recruit participants, collect data, present recommendations)
- Maintain familiarity with and understanding of the latest developments in immigrant and migration research
- Travel ~10% of the time to conduct research in the field
- 5+ years of qualitive research experience
- 2+ years qualitive research on immigrant communities living in the U.S., Europe, or Australia
- Expertise across multiple research methods and techniques, such as interviews, focus groups, survey research, digital ethnography, and literature reviews
- Understand research methods, when to use them, and how to apply them correctly in Marketing and Advertisement
- Experience applying qualitive data and insights to work with Marketing and Advertisement
- High empathy for customers and research participants
- Graduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional fluency in English and at least one other language: Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese, Arabic, French, or German
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $119,520 – $153,135. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?