Data and Reporting Analyst
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Customer Success team at Remitly is responsible for earning lifetime loyalty and trust from customers by promptly answering their questions and resolving issues with their transactions. As a Data Analyst III on this team, you will work with operations leaders, and data analytics engineers to generate metrics, identify root causes of issues, highlight opportunities for broad spanning improvements and make recommendations to assist the company in developing meaningful business solutions and operational improvements. The quantitative insights you bring will have an out-sized impact on the business. You will report directly to our Senior Manager of Data Analytics. This position is based in Managua, Nicaragua.
- Independently provide analytical support for a large group which spans multiple departments and countries, all of whom are focused on this essential domain of reviewing potentially fraudulent transactions and complying with regulatory requirements.
- Measure the effectiveness of the operational processes we follow, the effort they require from customers and agents, and their impact on customer relationship metrics such as satisfaction and retention.
- Uncover insights about these processes, with the goal of driving impactful improvements in the processes themselves or the software tools which support them, resulting in lower friction for our customers and agents.
- Research emergent issues and model the impact of future projects.
- Ask "Why?" and question the status quo. You will view unexpected data results as a puzzle to be solved, a challenge that you enthusiastically accept.
- Explain the methods behind your analyses and validate your results. Once you have data to support your ideas, you will use these findings to advocate for implementing your recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics, or related field).
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in an operational analytics capacity or equivalent.
- Strong experience in modeling complicated scenarios with data then estimating their relative size & impact.
- Strong technical skills (e.g. SQL, R, Python).
- Experience with data visualization and related tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience with using basic statistical techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong alignment to our mission and values.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer.
Something looks off?