Sales & Business Development
Remote · Leesburg, VA, USA · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2022
We’re pioneering a new category that helps engineering teams build and ship better code, faster. With founders who built and scaled early teams at PagerDuty, Amazon, and Shopify, we have first-hand experience of the problem that high-growth engineering teams face and a clear vision for how we’ll solve it. We’re already helping customers like Chegg, Keller Williams, Under Armour, Hootsuite, and many more improve service maturity, visibility, and team efficiency.
Our team is completely remote across the United States and Canada. While we do get together once a year in person, we also spend a lot of time doing things online to keep our culture thriving. Lunch games, Friday afternoon socials, and team lunches help us get to know one another as humans. We value the downtime that fuels our creativity, so you won’t find Slack pings at all hours of the day - unless it’s a fur baby photo in the #pets-to-make-you-live-longer channel.
Our culture and values are very important and ground us in how we interact as one team:
Empathy - Think of others; think of your users
Growth Mindset - Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
Intellectual Honesty - The best solution is more important than anyone's ego
Focus & Efficiency - Keep the main thing the main thing
About the Role
As an Account Executive on a small but rapidly growing team, you’ll be owning the end-to-end sales cycle for your accounts. On a day-to-day basis you’ll be building strong relationships with engineering leadership & management at companies ranging from the mid-market to enterprise.
As a foundational member of our sales team, you’ll have a lot of opportunity (and responsibility) to contribute to the iterative improvement of our sales process & team as we grow and learn. Sales is a new and rapidly evolving function at the company, and we’ve got a lot to learn! As such we’re looking for an agile person who can learn very quickly, change tack quickly, and be prepared for the job to evolve and change significantly over time. You’ll also need to ramp up quickly to understand our customers and our space in a lot of depth.
What You'll Do
- own the end-to-end sales cycle for accounts:
- do initial discovery of prospects’ issues in a consultative manner
- give a high-level demo of our product in early discussions, bringing in Solutions Consultants when needed
- introduce prospects into our Pilot process, and work closely with our Solutions Consultants throughout
- help prospects through all the commercial aspects of getting the deal done.
- work with our post-sale Customer Success team to ensure the successful rollout and adoption of OpsLevel, and manage any expansion opportunities in your accounts.
- conduct some prospecting and developing of opportunities in larger accounts, and coordinate with our Business Development Reps on approaches.
- stay organized and keep your deal data complete and up-to-date in our CRM.
- sell a technical product to an engineering audience, and as such you’ll need to ramp-up on and understand high-level trends in software development (such as microservices, CI/CD, Kubernetes, popular DevOps or observability tools, etc)
- Curious - enjoys learnings, asking questions when they don't know something
- Humble - always seeking to get better and to learn
- Authentic and Engaging - are themselves on a call like they would be over a lunch with friends
- Detail-oriented - doesn't miss a thing
- Helpful - is driven to help customers regardless of outcome
- Creative - always coming up with new ideas
- Adaptable - can take on different roles depending on the need
We offer market-leading compensation, including equity, based on the skill set and aptitude of the candidate.
"Should I apply?" - Yes!
If you meet some or most of what we're looking for, we want to hear from you, and if you’re unsure - apply anyways!
What do I need to interview with OpsLevel?
Not much! A working web camera, microphone, and (ideally) a quiet place with minimal background noise.
We are building an inclusive and welcoming workplace where employees feel appreciated, valued and free to be who they are regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
OpsLevel is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
See more open positions at OpsLevel
Something looks off?