Manager of Technical Account Management Team
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
As the Manager of Technical Account Management at Cedar, you and your team are at the forefront of ensuring the success and satisfaction of our clients. For Cedar’s live clients, TAMs play a pivotal role in managing post-launch initiatives, maintaining the technical health of integrations, and supporting the growth and expansion of our client partnerships. Clients can rely on Cedar’s TAMs to be conversant in their needs, a deep Cedar product expert, the technical authority on the state of their system integration, and a strategic partner in designing and delivering Cedar solutions that create value. The TAM team, with your guidance, is directly responsible for all technical aspects of Cedar's relationships with clients after successful implementation.
Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this, as well as many of our roles, is U.S. remote-friendly.
- People leadership - Bring clarity and energy to a growing team of technical client experts including defining functional mission/metrics/strategy/best practices, hiring, training, performance management, resource prioritization and capacity planning.
- Cross functional leadership - Collaborate broadly across Makers and Commercial organizations to align on strategy and responsibilities and foster a culture of excellence.
- Technical client escalations - Serve as the escalation point for complex technical client issues. Through effective communication with key client stakeholders, drive business outcomes that strengthen the Cedar-client partnership.
- Client integration health - Achieve stated health goals for live client integrations, efficiently.
- Voice of customer - Clear, consistent internal communication to product teams of product gaps and opportunities that contribute to Cedar’s overall strategy, grounded in a deep understanding of client operational use cases.
- Product development operations - Improve systems for efficiently and effectively taking in client needs, defining scope, priority, sequence, timelines, and successfully driving adoption.
Skills & Experience
- Leadership experience - 3+ years of experience leading technical client services teams or similar.
- Technical client management - Proven track record interfacing with client stakeholders of all seniority levels to understand and translate between business and technical requirements and value.
- Technical acumen - Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities, proficiency in SQL, and a proven track record of working with various technical systems and quickly adapting to new technologies.
- Healthcare RCM and/or enterprise system integrations knowledge - Ideally, a background in working with any of the following: enterprise healthcare systems, digital consumer payments, backend payment processing technologies or enterprise system integrations.
- Cedar mission - Enthusiasm for Cedar's mission of improving the healthcare financial experience.
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, and stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Compensation Range and Benefits:
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $165,750 - $195,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.