Manager, Commercial Strategy (Sales Engineering)
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
The Manager, Commercial Strategy (Sales Engineering) primary goal is to support Cedar’s commercial teams during sales and upselling processes by educating and engaging prospective and current clients on topics including revenue cycle optimization, patient experience, financial ROI, product workflows, and technology details. The Manager, Commercial Strategy (Sales Engineering) will report to the VP, Commercial Strategy (Sales Engineering), and work with internal and external partners to deeply understand our prospective and current clients’ specific problems to collaboratively drive Cedar’s business growth.
Our ideal candidate has the client-facing experience to drive the adoption of Cedar’s product and workflows in the marketplace, in addition to consulting, technology and healthcare experience. This is a role that requires high throughput and strong client-facing capabilities. Given our expanding client base, the ideal candidate must be comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Work cross-functionally to support sales efforts by responsibilities including but not limited to ROI data collection and narrative crafting, discussing implementation and integration requirements, supporting RFPs etc
- Support processes for scaling commercialization of Cedar with product, marketing, commercial, and delivery teams. This includes but is not limited to positioning, messaging, material development, and support of strategic partnerships with vendors
- Develop subject matter expertise of Cedar’s core value proposition, product offerings, integrations and delivery approach and competitive landscape
- Exemplify Cedar’s values of focusing on our vision, using good judgment, applying a growth mindset, and rejecting mediocrity
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time
Skills & Experience
- Client-facing experience and credibility with client counterparts
- 4+ years of work experience
- Prior experience in client services or sales a plus (e.g., management consulting, investment banking)
- Healthcare and/or technology experience ideal
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to translate data and insights into compelling, executive-facing narratives
- Creative and resilient problem-solver; able to proactively anticipate and mitigate risks
- An analytical attitude, extremely strong attention to detail, and passion for problem solving
- Demonstrates a self-starter mentality and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellence with Excel and Powerpoint (or Google Sheets and Slides)
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range*: $114,750 - $135,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.