Sr. Solutions Architect (Client Solutions)
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
The Delivery organization owns the process of getting our new clients from implementation kickoff through launch to stability and handoff to the client management team. We're seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to lead the integration of Cedar's platform to our clients' healthcare management platforms. Solution Architects are among the first "Cedarians" our clients get to know and are adept at building those client relationships alongside Cedar's other commercial teams. Simply put, Cedar doesn't realize its vision of improving the patient financial experience without our implementation team.
Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this, as well as many of our roles, is U.S. remote-friendly.
- Conduct technical and operational client discovery
- Develop an integration strategy based on requirements gathered from discovery
- Manage several technical and operational activities during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation
- Lead large cross-functional team efforts across Cedar
- Manage multi-threaded, complex project and succinctly convey progress against goals/milestones
- Liaise with operational and technical client stakeholders
- Senior Solution Architects may mentor and coach junior team members to become the next generation of Solutions Architects
- Work closely with our integration teams to streamline future implementations
- Serve as the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders - engineering teams, account management, and product managers
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in client-facing roles in enterprise settings.
- 2+ years leading projects with established timelines and multiple stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with data structures, relational databases, and cloud infrastructure
- Strong understanding of SQL and hands-on experience writing SQL queries
- Experience implementing software solutions that need to be integrated with a client’s source system (ideally in healthcare)
- Effective and credible with clients, especially talking through root problems and simplifying complexity. Can manage client conversation to outcomes & root issues.
- Clear communicator with both cross-functional & client stakeholders; follows through.
- Aversion to repetitiveness, eye for how to systematize/automate.
- Systems thinker - seeks to understands how systems interconnect and fundamental architecture of the integrated whole: Cedar products + system / client system + operational processes
- Excellent partner to Eng - articulates (verbally & in writing) end-user requirements and implications for the technical implementation.
- Out of scope: will not be expected to lead technical design of integration
- Data-driven/analytical horsepower - leans on data to understand root problems and to measure our success
- You feel comfortable working in a thriving entrepreneurial environment and have some level of comfort navigating through times of ambiguity.
- Lastly, you should be EXCITED about Cedar's mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
*Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis*
Compensation Range and Benefits:
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $165,750 - $195,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.