VP, Implementations and Services
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced VP of Implementations and Services to lead Cedar’s implementation, provider support, and patient support teams. This leader will be responsible for ensuring the successful deployment of Cedar’s products and ongoing product support at the largest healthcare providers in the US. You will also be a strategic partner to company leadership on new product and operating initiatives. Your leadership and expertise will play a pivotal role in helping patients gain easy and affordable access to the care they need.
- Solution Architecture
- Technical Account Management
- Provider Support
- Patient Support
- Deliver smooth and efficient Cedar implementations for our provider clients in partnership with our implementation engineering team
- Deliver an exceptional live customer support experience through prompt and transparent issue resolution
- Ensure customers effectively optimize the Cedar Suite and adopt new features to realize continuous value
- Directly engage with senior customer stakeholders during implementation to align on novel implementation strategies, handle escalations, and support their successful adoption of the Cedar Suite
- Allocate implementation, support, and technical account management resources in alignment with company strategy, maintain capacity forecasts, and manage implementation timelines
- Establish transparent and effective benchmarks for cost and quality across your organization and implement successful continuous improvement initiatives aligned with company strategy
- Develop and manage relationships with EHR, benefits eligibility, and other key integration interfaces to drive mutual alignment on integration strategy and co-development
- Partner with product development and commercial teams to offer thought leadership and strategic insight into product priorities and operationalize the scaleable delivery of new features, products, and services
- Help your team grow their careers through professional development opportunities, feedback, and mentorship
Skills & Requirements
- 10+ years of experience leading large, multi-function teams responsible for implementing and supporting complex software at US healthcare providers, ideally in revenue cycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with senior client stakeholders, internal teams, and Cedar executives
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams
- Excellent operational skills including establishing and managing to clear expectations of performance, project management, resource allocation, risk management, and stakeholder communication
- Track record of designing and launching successful new service models and driving continuous improvement
- Strong proficiency with software systems, particularly data-intensive enterprise applications
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range*: $224,000 - $280,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.