Senior Technical Account Manager
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
The Implementation Team owns the delivery of Cedar's product and functionality to our clients, from signing onward, as our clients grow and expand. Therefore, we’re seeking a Sr. Technical Account Manager (TAM) to lead everything from implementing new features and functionality post-launch to monitoring the overall technical health of the TAM’s assigned clients. TAMs are the "Cedarians" who work hard to manage all the technical aspects of Cedar’s relationship with its clients post-launch. A TAM at Cedar possesses Solution Architecting, Project Management, Software Development, and Account Management skills.
Without our implementation team, Cedar doesn't realize its vision of improving the patient financial experience.
*We are looking for a candidate for this position with Epic EHR Experience*
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify upselling or cross-selling opportunities.
- Conduct technical and operational client discovery. You will be expected to develop an integration strategy based on requirements gathered during discovery sessions, client meetings, and QBRs.
- Liaise with operational and technical client stakeholders. To be successful, one must possess the ability to understand a client's technical infrastructure. You will serve as the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders - engineering teams, account management, and product managers.
- Assist with the development of technical development account plans. In doing so, you are expected to advocate for customer needs to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development. Additionally, you may need to work with strategic EHR partners to align on roadmaps for mutual clients.
- Manage client technical support requests, providing investigation prioritization with continuous and timely updates while driving to resolution. To do so, you will need to groom tickets, stories, or requests
- Monitor key health indicators of a client’s integration, identify issues early, and make remediation plans when necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Proven work experience as a Technical Account Manager or similar roles supporting clients
- Proven IT Healthcare consulting experience; candidates who have worked with clients leveraging Epic’s EHR will be prioritized.
- 6+ years experience in client-facing roles in enterprise settings
- Experience with Project Management Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) and Tools ( Jira, Monday.com, MS Projects, etc.…)
- Strong familiarity with data structures, relational databases, and cloud infrastructure. Strong analytical mindset with the ability to write SQL queries
- To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable interviewing external and internal stakeholders, synthesizing requirements, and ultimately translating those requirements into bodies of work for software developers.
Compensation Range and Benefits:
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $165,750 - $195,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.