Software Engineer (Client Integrations)
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
The Implementation Team at Cedar is made up of Software Engineers (Solutions Engineers) and Solutions Architects who are responsible for the process of getting our new clients from Discovery to Go-Live on the Cedar platform. They have a "do what it takes" entrepreneurial demeanor to getting our clients' implementations over the line - on time and of high quality.
We're seeking a Software Engineer to build implementations with provider clients after a kickoff. Software Engineers on the team will work with their peers in engineering to build and improve our integration engine while optimizing future implementations. This role is perfect for someone who wants to make an immediate impact on our business while having an opportunity for growth in various ways throughout the organization.
Work autonomously and creatively in navigating and overcoming obstacles that you encounter
Contribute to multi-functional team efforts across Cedar and our clients to deploy the Cedar platform - reliably
Develop software to integrate with client's electronic health record (EHR) data
While this is not a current requirement, you may occasionally travel to client sites, if safe to do so (~1 trip/year)
Weekend On-Call Support (~Quarterly)
Skills & Experience:
4+ years of professional software development experience.
Familiarity with data structures, relational databases, cloud infrastructure.
Expertise in at least one major coding language.
Experience with Django is desired.
Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
Excellent communication and listening skills, the ability to persuade and influence others
Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or similar experience
Passionate about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
Compensation Range and Benefits:
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $149,000 - $175,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.