Business Development Manager - Boston, MA
About the Job:
LaunchDarkly is looking for an experienced Manager to join our fast-growing Business Development team. You will be responsible for 1) hiring and building out the BDR team; 2) working with new hires to help with cold calling, prospecting emails, and territory development activities and 3) monitoring team performance, implementing appropriate training and accelerating overall pipeline growth. You and your team will be responsible for generating new opportunities for our Enterprise and Strategic teams.
This position reports to the Director of Business Development, North America.
What makes LaunchDarkly special?
Some of the best things about larger teams - our company raised $200M in the last six months, and has almost doubled in size several years running. There are a lot of chances to grow your career here. We have the resources and the will to try interesting large-scale experiments and new tools.
Some of the best things about smaller teams - the BDR organization is relatively immature compared to the company’s astonishing level of product-market fit, so you’ll be a part of building new systems and highly increasing productivity, not just making minor adjustments to a well-tuned system.
Focus on your future career - our team is run by a former career coach. We care about what you want to do after this role, provide regular Q&As and mentoring with people in the roles you might be promoted into, and offer resume help and interview support when it’s time to try for the next job.
People - LaunchDarkly has done a great job of hiring caring, capable people. This is easy to say in a job posting, but as you take the time to meet your potential future colleagues we’re confident you’ll come to agree with this.
- As the BD manager you will be responsible for hitting and exceeding opportunity and pipeline quota
- Ongoing training and coaching of BDR team members to ensure high-quality calls, e-mails and prospect interactions
- Ensure that the team is following up on all Marketing Qualified Leads in a timely manner
- On-board and train new hires with best practices around leveraging lead generation tools including Outreach, Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Ensure BDR team meets its opportunity goals and are hitting their assigned activity metrics
- Research organizations and individuals online to identify potential new leads and target accounts for BDRs by territory
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions (sales, product, engineering, etc.)
- Route information to the appropriate sales professional and ensure all BDR’s are providing accurate notes and activity updates on SFDC
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of our product, process, and the market
- 2+ years of relevant management experience OR
- 2+ years as a sales professional, in a closing role
- Experience selling a SaaS product to a technical audience, e.g., CTO, VP of Eng., Director
- Ability to motivate individuals from diverse backgrounds towards a common goal
- Highly analytical - knowing how to measure success of different methods of outreach
- Be highly organized and autonomous in a fast-moving organization
- Exhibit entrepreneurial and self-motivational qualities
- Experience with SalesForce or a similar CRM tool
- Experience with Gong, Outreach.io, LinkedIn Sales Nav. or a similar email automation tool
Approx. 25% travel required - QBRs, KO, Mgmt etc. approx once per quarter
Target pay range for a Level 2 in the Boston, MA Area: $123,000 - $145,000 *On Target Earnings (OTE) includes base pay and commission*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.
Something looks off?