Enterprise Solutions Engineer - APAC
About the Job:
As a Solutions Engineer, you will educate and guide prospects on the proper implementation of LaunchDarkly's SaaS product and Private Instances. You are passionate about trends and technologies involved in modern application development. You will be the technical voice during our sale and ensure our customers are comfortable with the way our systems work. You are passionate about the developer tools space and helping development teams eliminate risk and deliver value.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster.
Software powers the world and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software.
- Evangelize and advise customers on the importance and different uses of feature flags and how to administer them
- Create solutions to customer's challenges implementing feature flags across large monolith and microservice applications, large organizations, and different technology stacks
- Become a domain expert on LaunchDarkly architecture
- Demo LaunchDarkly product to technical and business audiences
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly and communicate our value and features to potential customers
- Be the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience consulting with enterprise customers and large development teams
- You led successful technical proof of concepts
- Proven success in building strong customer relationships
- Ability to learn and synthesize large amounts of information with little context
- Effective communicator with the ability to simplify complex technical concepts
- A self‐starter and problem solver, willing to take on hard problems and work independently when necessary
- Experience working with teams that underwent development process transformation (not required)
- Familiarity with at least one of our supported languages: Java, .NET, GO, JS, Python, PHP, Node, Ruby, Rails, iOS, or Android (not required)
- Experience with data persistence technologies like Varnish or Redis (not required)
- 25% travel required
Target pay range for a Level 4 in Sydney, AUS area: $218,000- $257,000 AUD *On Target Earnings (OTE) includes base pay and commission*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.