Lead Ultrasound and Echocardiography Sonographer & Training Specialist
Imagen Technologies is a high growth healthcare startup enabling patients to be diagnosed, treated, and managed at their primary care appointment (vs. having to refer out to hospitals, imaging centers and other slow and expensive options). Today, we’ve built an AI-enabled platform that enables patients to receive immediate diagnostic tests, immediate results, and immediate next steps – all in a single Primary Care appointment. For example: through our platform, women across the U.S. are now receiving comprehensive breast imaging, results, and specialist-driven next steps at their local Primary Care office, condensing a multi-month diagnostic journey into 60 minutes.
With over $135m in funding from Google Ventures and some of the largest clinical networks in the country, we are rapidly expanding this platform across the U.S. - from 7 states and 50,000 patients in 2022, to 16 states and 500,000 patients in 2023. By 2026, we will be delivering care across 35 states and to more than 5m patients per year.
We’re looking for a Lead Ultrasound and Echocardiography Sonographer & Training Specialist to help build, scale, and optimize new ultrasound and echo programs at primary care practices. You will train and mentor sonographers at our customer sites to ensure that they provide high-quality care and complete required quality control tests. Additionally, you will provide ongoing management of the Imagen sonographer team. An individual who will be successful in this role builds relationships with ease, naturally identifies opportunities to refine workflows and develop best practices, and is comfortable overseeing others remotely. The success of our customers depends on you, so our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, and an excellent communicator.
- Train, mentor, and oversee sonographers to acquire general, gynecology, obstetrics, vascular, and echo ultrasound exams
- Execute and manage the ACR (ultrasound) and IAC (echo - formerly known as ICAEL) facility accreditation process for new facilities
- Optimize and maintain ultrasound and echo sonographer policies, procedures, workflow tools, and training materials
- Serve as the voice of the sonographer and customer to Imagen team members to improve our clinical and operating model
- Partner with Imagen team members to provide our customers with white glove service
- Hold active certifications for General and Vascular Ultrasound as well as Echocardiography:
- General Ultrasound: ARDMS – (AB), (OB/GYN), or (PS)
- Vascular Ultrasound: ARDMS – RVT(VT), ARRT – RT(VS), or CCI – RVS
- Echocardiography: ARDMS – RDCS or CCI – ACS, RCS or RCCS
- Have 5 or more years of experience as an ultrasound sonographer
- Have prior experience managing multiple sonographers
- Have prior clinical and/or modality applications teaching experience
- Willing to travel 25-50% of the time to train sonographer at primary care practices
- Is action-oriented and possess a mentality of “no job is too big or too small”
Imagen headquarters is based in New York, NY. This job is conducted remotely when the individual is not at customer primary care practices.
The base salary for the position is between $85,000 - $125,000, plus benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Imagen Technologies maintains a Substance Abuse and Testing policy. Being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances while on the job or while conducting business on Imagen’s behalf is prohibited. Imagen reserves the right to test any applicant or employee for alcohol and/or drug use, subject to compliance with any applicable state and/or federal laws.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.