Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
As a Great Place to Work-certified company, we are deliberate about connecting our People initiatives, decisions, and practices to our company values. The mission of the People Team at Front is to enable all Fronteers to thrive and be successful in their roles. In that, we’re looking for an amazing People Partner (Human Resources Business Partner) for our EMEA team. This person will be a strategic and deeply engaged partner to our Fronteers, as well as an advisor and thought partner to managers and individuals to help move the business forward through people initiatives and coaching. This person will also be involved in designing and rolling out key global People initiatives. A successful candidate will be someone who truly enjoys problem solving, is willing to think outside of the box to bring creative solutions to helping people, and is excited to deeply understand the business at every level of the organization.
What will you be doing?
- Be the primary HR point of contact for all Fronteers in our Paris and Dublin locations as well as remote team members regarding employee relations matters, including providing advice, feedback and coaching, advocating for teams/individuals, mediating between team members, and looking for opportunities for growth or development.
- Function as a key advisor and business partner to global and EMEA leadership to develop, roll out and manage people initiatives (e.g. coaching, career development, performance management, engagement) for our EMEA staff. Regularly audit and develop policies for our EMEA locations that ensure compliance with local legal norms as well as drive engagement of our team.
- Work with People Operations team to ensure compliance with local labor laws (incl. works council elections and periodic meetings, tax compliance, benefits administration).
- Partner with the Head of Total Rewards on compensation planning, including approving offers, managing merit increases, and benefits that align with our global philosophy and ensure that Front is competitive in the local labor market. Keep pulse of and drive initiatives to maintain the engagement of our EMEA team.
- Identify potential hotspots and propose solutions to drive engagement to local and global leadership. Depending on experience and expertise, be the global lead for all Front’s global performance and development initiatives that develop and inspire our team members and allow them to reach their full potential.
- Participate in organizational development activities, being a trusted adviser to functional leadership on org planning, roles and responsibilities, succession planning, and hiring.
- Occasionally represent Front in conversations with local vendors and stakeholders on people matters, e.g., insurance brokers, external legal counsel, real estate brokers.
- Support our company culture in all interactions, advice, coaching, and partnership by instilling our values and promoting a culture of feedback and communication.
What skills & experience do you need?
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and in French.
- 6 - 8+ years of progressive HR experience in a dynamic, high growth environment.Minimum 3 years operating in an HR Business Partner capacity.
- Experience in the Tech industry preferred, working with functions like Engineering, Product, Sales, Design.
- Deep knowledge of HR practices and employment laws and experience in compensation, HR employee relations, employee engagement and retention strategies, and coaching.Ability to apply different coaching techniques to various situations - not taking a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Can point to examples of coaching leaders and ICs to improve performance and engagementExperience supporting a French workforce as well as teams in other European countries.
- Deep knowledge and experience with French labor law is required. In addition, experience with Irish labor law is strongly preferred.Experience with designing and rolling out a company-wide performance and development program would be a plus - ideally 2+ years of deep experience.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to effectively support the team and build trust. Can point to multiple examples of building strong relationships with leaders and employees, both supporting and challenging their ideas at times.
- Thoughtful, data-driven, caring, and direct approach to people and problemsGenuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow, and help others
- Can work autonomously, but wants to partner with others and open to feedbackAnalytically driven, using qualitative and quantitative approaches to solve problems
- Looking for someone who truly enjoys bringing creative thinking in using people programs and initiatives to solve for the needs of the businessAbility to do occasional travel to Dublin and the United States.
- Flexibility to occasionally have calls outside of standard business hours to connect with global colleagues.Authorization to work in France and the EU.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.