Head of Growth Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We’re looking for a Head of Growth marketing reporting directly into our CEO (Sr. Director level). In this role you’ll own our biggest opportunity as a company: growing our top of funnel, while making sure it converts to revenue. We recently shared our new positioning with the world, and have the foundations in place to scale the number of companies using Front. You’ll be responsible for the strategy and execution of growth strategies to make it happen. That includes owning both our self-serve motion, and our sales-led motion. If you’re interested in our space, like working on exciting challenges with smart people, this role might be a great one for you.
What will you do?
- Set a strategy to roughly double our pipeline numbers YoY
- Lead a team of marketers to drive key business metrics (web traffic, leads, MQLs, SQLs, Opportunities, conversion rates, CAC)
- Own our self-serve motion, working closely with Product
- Own pipeline for our sales-led motion, and partner closely with sales leadership on pipeline generation strategy and influence when/where needed
- Work closely with product marketing and content marketing to help shape campaigns aligned to key audiences at different stages of the funnel
- Analyze full-funnel data to determine investment decisions (channels, campaigns, and programs), extract key insights and recommended actions
- Regularly report out to leadership on performance against goals
You're a great fit if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience leading high-performing growth marketing and demand generation teams, with experiencing managing managers
- Have experience driving growth at startups with hybrid go-to-market motions. You understand both outbound and inbound acquisition channels and how to drive revenue through self-serve and sales-led motions
- Have a deep understanding of segmentation and driving growth in new verticals and geos
- Are willing to get your hands dirty and be in the weeds / do a lot yourself
- Have helped expand internationally, in EMEA in particular
- Have worked with companies at same level of revenue ($50M-$100M ARR)
This is a hybrid role, expected to be in our Chicago office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Note we are only hiring for one Head of Growth Marketing, but are open to this position being based in Chicago or SF, which is why we have two postings.
The Chicago Annual OTE (On-Target-Earnings) range for this full-time position at the Senior Director level is $185,800 - $241,300 USD, 80/20 split ($148,640 - $193,040 Annual Base Salary range).
Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (which includes base salary and, where applicable, may include commissions or overtime pay), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our Recruiting Team for additional information. These ranges may be modified in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.