Client Onboarding Manager
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We’re looking for an Onboarding Manager to join our world-class Onboarding Team within the Success Services organization. As an Onboarding Manager, you will work with customers to ensure they are successful with our product by implementing optimal workflows, providing proactive project management and guiding customers through change management throughout specific engagements within the customer journey. You will be responsible for making sure every customer in your book is successfully and speedily onboarded. This position works closely with our Sales, Product & Support teams and is ultimately responsible for achieving time-to-value for clients.
What will you do?
- Oversee implementation engagements as the Front product SME with customers throughout the customer journey including net-new customer onboardings, expansion teams, and workflow optimization engagements
- Develop project plans with timelines to ensure the successful execution of customer implementation engagements and lead customer project teams through guidance and support with clear direction to achieve project milestones and goals
- Facilitate regular project updates to both internal and external stakeholders to mitigate risk, anticipated blockers, and resolve issues that arise during implementation, working closely with internal teams and clients to find effective solutions
- Lead change management efforts by identifying potential areas of resistance and developing strategies to promote smooth transitions for clients and end-users
- Train and educate customers on the effective use of the prescribed workflow throughout the customer journey through delivering engaging training sessions, workshops and documentation as needed to ensure success and value
- Lead cut-over and migration experiences, overseeing the transition from legacy systems to Front while minimizing disruption
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, product development, and customer support to define project scope, objectives, and deliverables
- Infuse customer voice and insights to influence product team and roadmap, and contribute to process and operational improvements of the broader Success Services team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ years of experience in Implementation, Customer Success or Account Management in a SaaS company
- Deep knowledge of SaaS products and services
- Proven track record of deploying high-touch implementations with highest level of customer service, efficiency and accuracy
- Experience managing change management for customers ranging from SMB to MM clients
- Proven track record of managing multiple concurrent projects with varying complexity levels
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users
- Comfortable giving presentations to groups of any size & audience - from every day end-users of the app to a high level executive
- Great problem solving skills, taking a consultative approach to finding the best solution
What makes you a great fit?
- You’re great at aligning expectations with customers
- You have strong independent decision making, organization, planning and problem-solving skills
- You communicate effectively to gain commitment and consensus to drive results
- You’re able to think outside of the box and creatively solution for customers
- You love Front (the product) :)
- Customers and teammates love working with you
This is a hybrid role, expected to be in our Chicago office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The Chicago based on-target-earnings (OTE) range for this full-time position is $87,000 - $103,000 USD (90/10 split). Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our recruiting team for additional information.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.