Head of Facilities (Engineering Infrastructure)
HEAD OF FACILITIES (ENGINEERING INFRASTRUCTURE)
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As the Head of Facilities at Freeform, you will be responsible for a wide variety of duties including managing the buildout of engineering/production floors, overseeing equipment installation, ordering raw materials, coordinating aesthetic building improvements, and ensuring Freeform engineers and employees have what they need on-hand in the facility to be successful on the job. We are looking for someone with experience working in a dynamic engineering or manufacturing environment who understands what critical infrastructure is needed to support a fast paced R&D operation. This is both a strategic as well as a hands-on role, so we are looking for someone with a “no job too big or small” mentality who’s dedicated to the success of their peers and the company.
- Manage, coordinate, and perform hands-on execution of facilities projects, including capital equipment installation, construction, and maintenance operations
- Ensure supplies are always in stock for all necessary company operations including tools, raw materials, IT equipment, etc.
- Lead the build out of R&D facilities including state-of-the art electronics lab, materials and process lab, production lines, fabrication capabilities, etc.
- Lead the buildout of functional and aesthetic workplace improvement projects such as conference rooms, breakout areas, lobby check-in, shipping and receiving, etc.
- Ensure power, lighting, and industrial gases are supplied to the facility and following proper safety code
- Define and implement preventive maintenance for facilities equipment to optimize the best operational efficiency
- Coordinate with vendors such as janitorial services to ensure facilities are regularly cleaned and in excellent condition
- Proactively work to ensure Freeform’s facility has state of the art amenities that increase employees’ rate of innovation and provide a positive workplace experience
- Develop and enforce EHS standards and procedures
- 8+ years of facilities management experience
- Experience working in a hardware engineering or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of California building codes and safety regulations
Nice to Have:
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Experience with new facility buildouts
- Knowledge of ITAR, ISO, and/or similar compliance standards
- Experience with fluid systems, high power electrical systems, and/or automation systems
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We are located in Hawthorne, CA in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
What We Offer:
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As a growing company, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $80,000-$200,000, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.