Head of Production Operations
HEAD OF PRODUCTION OPERATIONS
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As the Head of Production Operations, you will be responsible for executing all operational activities related to the production of printed parts as well as providing operational support for engineering R&D activities. To be successful in this role you will need a deep understanding of scaling up operations from R&D to high-volume production with a keen and pragmatic eye for the development of lightweight and efficient process, automation, and maximizing operational efficiency. This is a very high-visibility role that will work directly with the C-suite to transform the metal 3D printing industry.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative individuals who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Lead production efforts for engineering development, factory build out, and delivery of customer parts
- Proactively engage engineering teams to continually improve the pace and efficiency of R&D operations
- Establish and deploy production processes that are lightweight, efficient, and ensure we meet production goals, customer requirements, and part delivery schedules
- Develop and deploy performance indicators to help assess our progress in achieving company goals as well as to provide data that can be used to continually improve over time
- Develop and streamline shipping, receiving, and inventory processes for both outbound customer parts and inbound raw materials and engineering R&D hardware
- Ensure that Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards are met, including hazardous materials storage and incident response protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, supply chain, business, or similar quantitative discipline
- 7+ years of professional experience in manufacturing/engineering operations or production management
- Experience establishing a production operation from scratch and scaling it into volume production (0 to 1 as well as 1 to 1,000+)
Nice to Have:
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Previous experience in a hands-on engineering role
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing
- Experience leading a manufacturing facility buildout or overseeing manufacturing facility operations (power, industrial gases, material storage, etc.)
- MRP/ERP (Oracle, NetSuite, etc.) implementation experience
- Strong Excel skills
- OSHA and EHS regulation experience
- We are located in Hawthorne, CA in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
What We Offer:
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As a growing company, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $100,000-$250,000, inclusive of all levels / seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.