Additive Manufacturing Technician
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As an Additive Manufacturing Technician at Freeform, you will play a critical role in the post processing of 3D printed parts for the world’s most additive manufacturing systems. You will work alongside the engineering team to create, sample, and test part builds, and use learnings to improve processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced R&D environment, will enjoy solving problems and making improvements, and will have a no job too big or small mentality.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative individuals who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Operate, maintain, and monitor additive manufacturing machinery and handle metal powders
- Perform metallurgical sample preparation including cutting, grinding, polishing, acid etching, and optical microscopy
- Work with the engineering team to collect data and conduct testing, analysis, and review of printed parts
- Participate in process improvement efforts to streamline printing and testing procedures
- Contribute to installation and testing of systems/hardware within the 3D printing machines
- Act as a point of contact for the engineering and operations teams
- Assist in planning and coordination of resources to ensure pace of development/execution is maximized
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical systems support, materials and processing, or additive manufacturing process support
Nice to Have:
- Experience in metallurgical sample preparation
- Experience handling and keeping track of a large number of physical parts and the measurements taken on them
- Experience in operating complex equipment
- Skilled with manual machining, welding, cutting, fitting and/or bending of stainless steels, aluminums, and high-strength nickel alloys
- Ability to utilize power tools, hand tools, cranes, forklifts, and other heavy equipment
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs unassisted
- Ability to climb ladders and be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Must be available and willing to work overtime when needed
- Safety conscience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- We are located in Hawthorne, CA in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
What We Offer:
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As a growing company, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated pay range for this role is $20-$45/hour, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.