Senior Software Engineer - Apps team
Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. Forward's advanced software delivers a "digital twin" of the network, enabling network operators to verify intent, predict network behavior, avoid outages, and simplify network management. Our platform can be implemented on premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments.
The results? More reliable networks, reduced outages, and reduced business risk.
Forward Networks is currently seeking a Java Backend Software Engineer to work as part of our Apps - Server team. The work will involve developing our web server, REST APIs, and product core by writing clean and solid code that interacts with our other services and components.
- Developing new product features that leverage the network model to help users: visualize their network, understand how it behaves, see how it has evolved, answer specific questions, and plan changes
- Designing the data model for new product features
- Proposing and implementing REST APIs to support the Forward Networks web application and to publish to customers
- Constructively reviewing product designs, technical design documents, and code changes
- At least 5+ years of full lifecycle software development experience
- Expertise in Java (version 8 or above)
- Considerable experience with a dependency injection framework such as Guice or Spring and a talent for writing (and refactoring) code for testability
- Deep understanding of REST API design fundamentals and best practices
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database schema design
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Familiarity with the principles of functional programming
- Good communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Spring Web MVC framework or Spring Boot
- Some experience with other JVM languages such as Groovy, Kotlin, or Scala
NOTE: Experience in the networking domain is NOT a requirement for this role but is a plus.
Salary: $150,000 - $200,000