Systems Sales Engineer Manager
Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. The Forward Enterprise platform delivers a vendor-agnostic "digital twin" of the network, based on a mathematical model. The platform scales to support hundreds of thousands of network devices, whether cloud, hybrid cloud, or on-prem. It serves as a single source of truth for the network, enabling network operators to instantly verify security posture, accelerate troubleshooting, avoid outages, and modernize network management.
Over the past few years, Forward Networks has received tremendous industry recognition, including “Cool Vendor in Enterprise Networking” by Gartner, “Product of the Year” by Cloud Computing, “Enterprise Cloud Computing Software of the Year,” and has been named to Fortune’s 2022 “Best Workplaces in the Bay Area” list.
The company was founded by four Stanford PhD graduates who saw a massive opportunity to improve network operations. Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Threshold Ventures, and Goldman Sachs.
Forward Networks is looking for a Systems Sales Engineer Manager
- Do want to create a category and help build a special company?
- Join a company that has been in market 5+ years and has some of the top Federal agencies and F500/Global 2000 already buying and referenceable.
- We are building a special team and hope you consider us if you want to have the experience of changing the networking world as we know it.
What you’ll do:
The Systems Sales Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Systems Sales Engineers to drive new business and revenue growth for the company. This role requires a strong technical background and experience in software sales engineering, as well as excellent leadership and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with a track record of success in developing and executing sales strategies, building strong customer relationships, and driving growth in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and manage a team of Systems Sales Engineers to achieve revenue and new business growth targets
- Develop and execute team strategies to drive revenue growth, expand market share, and build strong customer relationships
- Work closely with other departments, such as Product Management, Marketing and Engineering, to align team strategies with company goals and objectives
- Foster collaborative environment to understand clients needs, identify opportunities, and provide technical expertise and guidance
- Enable the team to develop and deliver compelling product demonstrations and presentations to prospective clients
- Provide technical guidance and support to the sales team, ensuring that they have the knowledge and tools needed to be successful
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Manage and report on team activities and performance, using data and analytics to drive decision-making
- Recruit, train, and mentor Systems Sales Engineers, providing ongoing support and feedback to ensure their success
- 7+ years of experience in software sales engineering, with a proven track record of success in driving revenue growth
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing a team of sales professionals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data to drive decision-making
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve their goals
- Proven ability to develop and execute successful sales strategies, build strong customer relationships, and drive revenue growth
Good understanding of Networking, Cloud and/or Security fundamentals.
• Understanding of network monitoring and other operational tools and
• Experience supporting multiple large enterprises, service providers or
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Experience as a leader running sales engineering organization
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements.
• Experience owning program strategy and communicating results to senior
- Highly Desired:
Vendor certification (CCNP,CCIE,JNCIA,JNCIE,JNCIS,AWS CSA Associate etc.)
Target Range : $225-$290k