Regional Sales Director - Federal-DOD-Navy & Marines
Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. The Forward Enterprise platform delivers a vendor-agnostic "digital twin" of the network, based on a mathematical model. The platform scales to support hundreds of thousands of network devices, whether cloud, hybrid cloud, or on-prem. It serves as a single source of truth for the network, enabling network operators to instantly verify security posture, accelerate troubleshooting, avoid outages, and modernize network management.
Over the past few years, Forward Networks has received tremendous industry recognition, including “Cool Vendor in Enterprise Networking” by Gartner, “Product of the Year” by Cloud Computing, “Enterprise Cloud Computing Software of the Year,” and has been named to Fortune’s 2022 “Best Workplaces in the Bay Area” list.
The company was founded by four Stanford PhD graduates who saw a massive opportunity to improve network operations. Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Threshold Ventures, and Goldman Sachs.
Forward Networks is looking for an experienced Federal Regional (Navy and Marine Corps) DOD Sales Director:
- Do want to create a category and help build a special company?
- Do you want to sell a platform that solves real networking problems?
- Do sensible quotas and no cap on earnings pique your interest?
- Join a company that has been in market 5+ years and has some of the top Federal agencies and F500/Global 2000 already buying and referenceable.
- If you have 7-10 years of wildly successful experience selling to the federal government ..you may be the one!
- We are building a special team and hope you consider us if you want to have the experience of changing the networking world as we know it.
This role will focus on the Navy and Marine Corps as part of our Federal team. Secret clearance desired
- Own the development and execution of your sales strategy in territory that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives
- Identify and qualify leads, and generate new Navy and Marine Corps opportunities in order to achieve quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- Build strategic working relationships with clients, maintaining a high level of face-to-face contact
- Analyze potential sales opportunities by using data analysis and segmented research to identify the attributes most valued by our potential clients
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and maintain a client database
- Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of at least 3x revenue target
- Clearly explain the value proposition and goals of the Forward Networks solution
- Clearance desired (Minimum Level: Secret)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years in Fed DOD Sales with a strong preference for Navy and Marine Corps experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota in technology sales
- Deep understanding of the networking and security industry, products, competitors, history, emerging trends and changing marketplace.
- Experience in selling Enterprise software with an ARR model preferred
- Must be able to communicate business and technical value to all levels of management
- Prior experience managing a sales team a plus
- Excellent communication and listening skills; persuasive
- Background in IT infrastructure