Software Engineer, Full Stack (Ruby/Rails)
We're looking for a pragmatic software engineer with a passion for Ruby and experience building products using the Ruby on Rails framework.
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine's largest network in the United States, there's an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don't take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
- You enjoy working with small (3-6 people) product and engineering teams to build production software.
- You are comfortable working in Ruby and Rails, and take pragmatic approaches to deliver products that delight while maintaining high quality engineering practices.
- You are a manager-of-one, can work independently, focused on the delivery of functional solutions.
- You don't mind occasionally filling the gaps and helping the product and commercial teams make good decisions on how to move forward.
- You default to concise and effective written and verbal communication.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Build products and workflow tools to help Physicians do their jobs more effectively.
- Advance our Telehealth platform which connects doctors and patients millions of times per month.
- Build distributed systems that put clinical knowledge, secure messaging, and professional connections at a doctor’s fingertips.
- Secure, cache, and optimize software systems that can handle millions of operations per day.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 85 times per day
- We have over 500 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 75%+ distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity technology blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
The US total compensation range for this full-time position is $135,000 - $190,000 (inclusive of salary + equity). Our ranges are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the approximate total target compensation for the position across the US. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including relevant skills, experience, and education/training. Please note that the compensation listed does not include benefits.
More on /Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits to our full time employees. Some of our offerings include:
- Remote position, no back-to-office requirements
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Family planning support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Wellness benefits…plus many more!
More About Doximity…
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.