Sr. Principal Engineer QA
Diamanti is the technology leader in hyper-converged infrastructure for Kubernetes(K8s) based environments. Purpose-built for modern workloads in distributed cloud environments (hybrid, multi, and edge), Diamanti’s enterprise Kubernetes platform gives infrastructure Architects, IT Operations, and applications owners the performance, simplicity, efficiency, and enterprise-class feature they need to run Kubernetes at scale in production.
As a Sr. Principal Engineer QA, you will be working on storage or networking solutions for the highly distributed and scalable Kubernetes-based Infrastructure product. You will be working on the next generation of products and enhancements including, but not limited to, multi-cluster and public-cloud integration, distributed policy enforcement, and cutting-edge storage features targeted towards private/public cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate would have a strong working knowledge of Kubernetes and containerization, solid troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills, and a background in QA or System Test for enterprise hardware/software products. To be successful, you will need to focus your creative energy on collaboration, communication, and producing high-quality deliverables.
What will you do:
- Ability to work independently on own tasks and collaboratively with the rest of the team to achieve common goals.
- Design and develop automation frameworks to validate cutting edge Kubernetes based HCI products and platforms.
- Work on automating existing test suites and plan automation for new development/enhancement.
- Build and develop automated performance benchmarks on all releases across all the products.
- Identify the security risks and give feedback to teams constructively.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers locally and globally to understand the testing requirements.
- Understand end-to-end testing requirements and maintain test plans for functionality and system testing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent written and oral communication, self-starter, and highly motivated.
- Communicate test results to identify risks, and dependencies and escalate the same in a timely manner.
- Ready to pick customer escalations to participate and work closely with Developers, Product Managers and Support teams.
- Responsible for analyzing the customer scenarios and help troubleshoot them.
- Hands-on with manual feature/functional testing, regression testing, system integration testing, performance, and other non-functional testing.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and significant industry experience.
- 12+ years recent years of experience with QA (Quality Assurance) and CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous delivery) processes.
- Should have strong knowledge of Linux commands.
- Good understanding of OS concepts and Storage/Networking technologies.
- Experience of working with Docker or Kubernetes is a must.
- Should be familiar with any cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMWare).
- Should be able to scope & execute test plans for new features with inputs from development & product management.
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies/Scrum and track record with rapid release cycles.
- Good programming & debugging skills.
- Must be proficient in any of the languages like Golang, Python, Shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of Git, Ansible, Jenkins, JIRA, terraform would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an inner desire to make an impact.
Diamanti, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable laws. We comply with all applicable state, federal, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where we operate.