Principal Architect Spektra
Diamanti is the technology leader in hyper-converged infrastructure for Kubernetes(K8s) based hybrid multi-cloud environments.
As a Principal Architect and part of this world-class team, you will be working on the next generation of products and enhancements including, but not limited to, K8s multi-cluster management, public-cloud API integration, distributed policy enforcement, workload optimization, and other enterprise features targeted towards hybrid multi-cloud cloud infrastructure. You are a passionate, innovative, and curious engineer that wants to rapidly grow with an organization. You want to become an expert in cutting-edge technologies such as Kubernetes, and cloud-native applications. You do not settle for the technological status quo but drive innovation and work towards creating the next generation of cloud-native platforms. If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn about our engineering expectations!
The ideal candidate should be excited by the distributed cloud-based technology landscape, love start-up environments, and have a demonstrated history of architecting, designing, and developing hyperscale features and protocols.
What will you do:
- Work cross-functionally with Product, QA, and end users to enhance existing products.
- Release next-generation hybrid multi-cloud, Kubernetes (operators, controllers), and Container management features for the Diamanti hyper-converged infrastructure stack while mentoring, motivating, and guiding a global engineering workforce.
- Define and refine standards to support Diamanti Kubernetes & Container management product vision and roadmap to enable customers to achieve hyperscale performance, robustness, and security.
- Collaborate with other Diamanti architects to provide integrated Kubernetes management and optimization solutions that incorporate distributed cloud connectivity, k8s monitoring, enterprise workload optimization, public computing, storage & network performance, and overall security.
- Partner with cloud software vendors to define solution configurations that leverage the latest capabilities and provide scalable, secure, and reliable operations for Kubernetes & Container based distributed cloud environments, including automation to respond to shifting demand, dynamic reconfiguration to address security threats, and analysis of traffic and usage patterns to predict future needs.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle (concept to support) in Jira working with a global scrum master.
- Identify reoccurring incidents and find solutions by leading support groups through root cause analysis sessions, major incident review, trending, elimination of known errors, problem ticket follows through, etc.
What we're looking for:
Required Skills and Experience:
- BE/B.Tech Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and significant industry experience.
- 15+ years of industry experience as a programmer to presently Designing/Developing - applications, services, and data systems in a distributed cloud environment and excellent hands-on experience in at least one of the public cloud environments (ex: AWS, Azure, GCP) and one of the managed Kubernetes environments (ex: EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, and Tanzu)
- Experienced in developing products based on Kubernetes operators/controllers, Container/VMs, compute/storage/network optimization, monitoring, and security.
- Strong programming skills must be proficient in polyglot language environments. GoLang is a must.
- Exposure to various cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Sound understanding of Enterprise Operating Systems (primarily Linux-based) RHEL, Canonical, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.
- 3+ years of Experience coding Go-based operators/controllers/Go coding in a production environment.
- Experience in Agile Deployment automation experience utilizing Kubernetes.
- Experience building and shipping distributed applications and microservices using the popular cloud stack i.e., Kubernetes, Containers, running in public cloud environments (ex: AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proven track record for driving these technologies from concept to production (agile), leading a global team, interacting with various cloud product development companies & influencing K8s user groups.
- Strong experience is building scalable SaaS products.
- Experience in hiring and onboarding a team of Developers and SDET.
Diamanti, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Diamanti, Inc. complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where we operate.