As the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading our engineering team to design, develop, and deliver cutting-edge solutions that are not only technologically advanced but also aligned with our clients' needs. You will work in collaboration with the CTO, CEO, Head of Product and other cross functional colleagues, leveraging your skills and experience to ensure the effective planning and execution of our product roadmap.
Specifically, you'll bring:
- Technical Leadership and Strategy: Demonstrate strong technical leadership and work with the CTO and other stakeholders to set the strategic direction of the engineering team. Ensure that our technology objectives align with our business goals and that our execution strategy is agile, efficient, and scalable. Build followership across the business.
- Product Development: Lead the engineering team to design, build, and launch high-quality, innovative software solutions. Oversee the end-to-end execution of the product roadmap, ensuring products are delivered on time, on budget, and to our high standards. Provide judgment on what will deliver a return on capital invested.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with the Product team and other stakeholders to define the technical aspects of the product vision, translating these inputs into a detailed and executable engineering strategy. Align teams from across the business with a unifying vision of the future.
- Engineering Processes and Quality: Implement and maintain high engineering standards and processes, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations. Drive the team towards continuous improvements in code quality, system reliability, and performance.
- Team Management and Development: Hire, manage, and mentor a team of talented engineers. Promote a culture of engineering excellence and continuous learning. Drive team alignment with company objectives and maintain a high level of team engagement and morale. Harness the full range of capabilities from senior teams.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance metrics for the engineering team that align with company objectives. Provide regular updates to the executive team on product development progress and team performance.
- Technical Risk Management: Identify and manage risks associated with the technical aspects of our products. Ensure the team is prepared to respond effectively to changes or challenges in our technological landscape.
- Innovation: Foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, promoting the exploration of new technologies and practices that can enhance our products and the efficiency of our team.
- Minimum of 10 years in engineering leadership, with at least 20 years of technical experience, preferably with SaaS or cloud offerings in a high-growth company.
- Experienced engineering leader with a track record of building and leading high performance engineering teams, and with demonstrated success at high-growth companies with a global presence.
- Experience leading the entire technology lifecycle from identifying needs, through design, implementation, maintenance and, when appropriate, end of life.
- Experience managing at all levels, including mentoring and coaching individual contributors on software engineering best practices, technical architecture and other complex technical challenges. The ideal candidate will still be hands-on with the latest trends in some capacity.
- Critical thinking, strategic acumen, and the ability to translate business priorities into an engineering plan of action with appropriate metrics to track progress.
- Experience successfully managing offshore (lower cost geographies) development teams, ideally including EMEA and India.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change. Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills. Able to weigh multiple, sometimes conflicting points-of-view and drive a decision. Grit, commitment and determination to drive progress in an early stage context. Prior experience in a startup environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage and plan at both the strategic and operational levels and to consistently meet or exceed planned objectives.
- Able to work effectively and build credibility with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating high EQ and executive presence.
- A proven track record identifying, recruiting, and developing talent, ability to lead in a dynamic business.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, customers, partners and other third parties.
- Demonstrated success in product launches and engineering participating in those launches.
- Excellent communication skills are essential; written and oral, including presentation and product demonstration experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Deep appreciation of how you operationalize and measure performance of engineering teams.
- Previous experience in Salestech or a related field is highly preferred.
Join us and enjoy these perks!
- Salary $250,000 with bonus
- Individual and family coverage for medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Mental health care support through Ginger
- Flexible time off policy plus holidays
- 401k retirement plan with a 3% employer matching contribution
- Employee referral bonus program
- $750 budget for home office equipment
- $500 annual learning stipend to spend on books, courses, etc.
- Complimentary subscription to Masterclass
Databook is the pioneer and leader in Strategic Relationship Management (SRM). The company’s award-winning SRM platform leverages advanced AI and NLP to empower the world’s largest B2B sales teams to create, manage, and maintain strategic relationships at scale. The platform ingests and interprets billions of financial and market data signals to generate actionable sales strategies that connect the seller’s solutions to a buyer’s financial pain and urgency. On average, Databook clients achieve 5x more customer meetings, 3x more pipeline, 2.5x larger deals and 1.5x faster cycle time.
*We will consider remote work for candidates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin. Remote work requires periodic travel to our headquarters in Palo Alto, CA every 2-3 months.
Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoﬀ, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Databook expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.