Staff Software Engineer - India
Staff Software Engineer - Mumbai office
About our Technology Team
The Engineering team at Databook brings together collaborative and technically passionate individuals to deliver innovative customer intelligence solutions that drive real value for our clients. Led by past Google and Salesforce engineers, this group offers an opportunity to explore all aspects of the engineering lifecycle, to be close to the client, and to make a real difference. We give our engineers a lot of autonomy to own and solve complex, novel problems - from system design to natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML). The Engineering team offers a place where engineers can collect an abundance of experience and practice their leadership skills; all in a hyper-growth context.
We’re hiring full stack engineers to maintain Databook’s core platform. You’ll work with our exceptional engineers to build breakthrough features for our customers while keeping our platform stable and scalable. If you’re excited about building the next generation customer intelligence platform, with a keen eye towards quality, then this is the role for you!
- Own the full engineering lifecycle of important capabilities within the Databook platform, including designing, prototyping, building and maintaining scalable and performant distributed systems.
- Maintain and improve features and systems across the full stack of the Databook platform, diving into the architecture to diagnose issues and find improvements.
- Engage with colleagues across the organization to understand requirements and ensure that our technology meets those requirements in practice.
Please note: This role will require participating in an on-call rotation which will involve occasionally being available during off-hours to respond to urgent outages or incidents with our software and platforms.
- 8 plus years experience as a Software Engineer at a fast paced B2B startup
- Previous experience working across different time zones
- Ability to work independently
- 4+ years of hands-on professional experience developing backend systems, services and practical APIs
- Solid experience interfacing and integrating with all kinds of SQL (Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
- 4+ years of experience in front-end web development of large scale applications
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience working with monitoring and observability solutions like Datadog or Grafana to help surface and diagnose issues in running software
- Experience building reusable components
- Highly fluent in both spoken and written English language
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience in large scale distributed system designs including best practices around gRPC, event based architectures and micro-services.
- Experience with or interest in Machine Learning, and more specifically in NLP/NLG
- Expertise in implementing CRM integration with Salesforce (Apex, LWC) or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Applications (.net, C#)
- Self-motivated with great organizational skills.
- Ability to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Join us and enjoy these perks!
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Medical insurance coverage
- 5 weeks leave plus public holidays
- Employee referral bonus program
- Annual learning stipend to spend on books, courses or other training materials that help you develop skills relevant to your role or professional development
- Complimentary subscription to Masterclass
Databook is the pioneer and leader in Strategic Relationship Management (SRM). The company’s award-winning SRM platform leverages advanced AI and NLP to empower the world’s largest B2B sales teams to create, manage, and maintain strategic relationships at scale. The platform ingests and interprets billions of financial and market data signals to generate actionable sales strategies that connect the seller’s solutions to a buyer’s financial pain and urgency. On average, Databook clients achieve 5x more customer meetings, 3x more pipeline, 2.5x larger deals and 1.5x faster cycle time.
Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoﬀ, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Databook expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.