Sr. Software Engineer (Developer Experience)
At CloudZero, we understand that cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it. That’s why we have built a revolutionary SaaS platform that is at the convergence of next-generation cloud cost management and FinOps. As our platform consumes data from multiple providers and systems, CloudZero empowers customers to understand their cloud costs at a granular level which ultimately allows them to make more informed financial decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we have built a dynamic single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we have raised over 52 million dollars from strategic and leading venture capital firms across the country. We are solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the role:
As a Sr. Software Engineer focused on the Developer Experience (DX) of the CloudZero platform, you will play a crucial role in crafting and optimizing the end-to-end developer experience for our products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product development, design, and documentation, to ensure that our tools and platforms are user-friendly, intuitive, and meet the needs of our diverse developer community. This role requires a passion for creating exceptional developer experiences, a deep understanding of software development workflows, and a commitment to staying abreast of industry best practices.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate feedback, address issues, and enhance the overall developer experience.
- Innovate & contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new backend & frontend code
- Collaborate with product development teams to design and implement intuitive user interfaces, APIs, and documentation.
- Conduct user research and gather feedback to continuously improve and iterate on developer tools and workflows.
- Advocate for the developer community, ensuring their needs and pain points are considered in product development.
- Designing & driving new changes that increase the productivity of engineers
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies to incorporate innovative solutions into our developer tools