Director of Customer Success - Technical Account Management
Cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it — and macroeconomic conditions only increase pressure to prove cloud efficiency. That’s why we built CloudZero: a SaaS platform at the intersection of next-generation cloud cost management and FinOps. CloudZero ingests billing and usage data from all cloud, SaaS, and PaaS providers, organizes it in real time according to our customers’ business structures, lets customers view it at any level of time or resource granularity, and ultimately empowers them to make more informed business decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision, yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we’ve built a dynamic, single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we’ve raised over $52 million from leading venture capital firms across the country. We’re solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
CloudZero is hiring a Director of Customer Success - Technical Account Management to help deliver an excellent technical onboarding, adoption and customer experience that removes barriers to usage and adoption, and enhances customers’ value achievement. This person will offer strategic leadership that will help transform the customer product usage. You will also work collaboratively across the company to create a transparent, urgent, and best-in-class experience that delivers meaningful customer impact. As a leader in a scaling Customer Success organization, you will also help implement business systems and establish processes that drive our technical customer success initiatives and help us to retain our incredible customers.
- Oversee the technical customer journey from onboarding to renewal, identifying opportunities to enhance the customer experience at every touchpoint.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless and customer-centric experience throughout the customer lifecycle. Especially during expansion and the renewal process.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor customer health and identify potential issues or opportunities for intervention. (Gainsight experience highly desirable)
- Lead and grow a culture of high-performing Technical Account Managers (FinOps Account Managers) with a focus on customer adoption metrics, and overall customer health, not to mention individual development and performance against organizational metrics
- Directly own and execute on strategic customer accounts from a technical adoption perspective.
- Develop our technical account management runbooks, and associated playbooks to drive increased efficiencies internally and customer outcomes externally.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring technical teams on joint success plans or customer success plans is a must.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Director of CS (Account Management) and Operations to deliver accurate, timely forecasting and provide ad-hoc support with strategic sales motions
- Effectively communicate customer learnings to Product teams while being the champion of the customer point of view on roadmap and strategic decisions
- Relentlessly focus on key customer outcomes such as resolution time, NPS, CSAT and customer retention; partner with Success and CS Operations to establish, manage and monitor performance/health of the customer.
- Monitor product quality metrics (MAU, DAU, Analytics adoption, Telemetry, other JSP metrics.) and work as the advocate for the customer by partnering with the product and engineering organization to drive improvement and issue resolution.