VP of Finance
At CloudZero, we understand that cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it. That’s why we have built a revolutionary SaaS platform that is at the convergence of next generation cloud cost management and FinOps. As our platform consumes data from multiple providers and systems, CloudZero empowers customers to understand their cloud costs at a granular level which ultimately allows them to make more informed financial decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we have built a dynamic single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we have raised over $52 million from strategic and leading venture capital firms across the country. We are solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the role:
Cloudzero is seeking our first finance hire. As VP of Finance (reporting directly to our CEO) you will play a key role within the company’s executive leadership team. The VP of Finance will support all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. We are looking for a strong financial strategist who will help improve our operational efficiency and help support our rapid growth.
- Lead financial budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Develop and maintain effective business models supported by financial assumptions – including the company’s financial and revenue forecast.
- Help drive effective board meetings as well as manage communications with the BOD and current and potential investors.
- Lead specific strategic initiatives focused on top-line growth and operating efficiency.
- Lead, hire and manage a high performing finance and accounting team.
- Manage monthly close and financial reporting/board packages.
- Establish and oversee strong financial controls and internal processes.
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the company by way of systems that will improve efficiency and outcomes.
- Develop sales quotas and calculate ongoing sales commissions.
- Direct resource allocation, monitor company expenditures and help review and negotiate customer and vendor agreements.
- Oversee internal and external financial reporting.
- Work with an external CPA firm on tax and compliance. Set accounting policy.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches, and/or new service offerings.
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions.
- Drive financial performance by identifying frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions.
- Implement systems to manage and report on company financials, accounting, payroll, etc.
- Manage the transition from the existing fractional CFO organization, including the transfer of existing responsibilities.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on the accounting and forecasting of public cloud spend, and power user of CloudZero internally.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in finance leadership roles
- Proven track record of success in building and leading finance functions
- Strong financial analysis, planning, and reporting skills
- Experience working for a high growth B2B SaaS or other subscription-based businesses
- Understanding SaaS metrics, best practices and benchmarks
- Action oriented leader with a sense of urgency and hands-on approach
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to work through complex problems to identify solutions and build buy-in for those solutions
- Experience with GAAP accounting standards and supporting audits
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Experience building and managing highly effective financial teams
- Past experience selecting and implementing solutions like Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, Brex, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing public cloud costs
Equal Opportunity Employer
CloudZero is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background and reference checks.