Director of Account Management (Customer Success)
Cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it — and macroeconomic conditions only increase pressure to prove cloud efficiency. That’s why we built CloudZero: a SaaS platform at the intersection of next-generation cloud cost management and FinOps. CloudZero ingests billing and usage data from all cloud, SaaS, and PaaS providers, organizes it in real time according to our customers’ business structures, lets customers view it at any level of time or resource granularity, and ultimately empowers them to make more informed business decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision, yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we’ve built a dynamic, single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we’ve raised over $52 million from leading venture capital firms across the country. We’re solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
CloudZero is looking for a Director of Customer Success to support the growth of the Customer Success organization and help drive best in class levels of adoption, expansion and retention for our customers. A key focal point for the role will be driving a culture of delivering positive business outcomes and an incredible experience for our customers. This role will report into the VP of Customer Success.
Performance for the role will be measured by delivering high net revenue retention, low gross revenue and customer logo churn, high software adoption and high customer satisfaction/net promoter scores for our SaaS platform.
You are an accomplished Customer Success professional with experience in driving software adoption and value realization in a B2B software environment (ideally SaaS). You enjoy working hands-on with customers, but also building and scaling teams. You hold yourself accountable for delivering business results for the company and their customers. You are comfortable working in a fast paced, growing entrepreneurial environment.
- Communicate the value proposition for the CloudZero platform and understand how it can be applied to address specific customer business outcomes.
- Ensure customers are getting value from the adoption of the CloudZero platform.
- Renew customer contracts, looking for opportunities for revenue expansion.
- Drive value realization events to ultimately drive product expansion.
- Support the development of a strategy for scaling Customer Success
- Manage the customer experience - from sales handoff through post-sales on-boarding and adoption, and continued customer engagement through renewals and expansion.
- Eventually Build and sustain a team of high performing Success Managers and Leaders who are focused on making every customer successful
- Meet with customers to drive their adoption and value realization, and to identify areas of improvement for our platform, organization, and process.
- Be a customer advocate to ensure the right priority and technical resources are being applied to maximize customer success activities, including working closely with Engineering and Product Management.
- Partner closely with the Sales to support new sales, and to make sure customers being signed are set up for success.
- 5+ years’ experience both as an individual contributor and a leader in customer-facing organizations in a software company (ideally SaaS).
- Leadership experience with customer success, corporate account management, technical account management and/or professional services.
- Experience with modern customer success processes, strategies and tools (e.g. Gainsight)
- Experience with the sales and delivery of paid service offerings.
- Comfort level working in a metric-driven environment, including reporting on and improving business performance against a set of monthly KPIs and metrics.
- Strong client relationship skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CloudZero is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background and reference checks.