Senior Software Engineer
Cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it — and macroeconomic conditions only increase pressure to prove cloud efficiency. That’s why we built CloudZero: a SaaS platform at the intersection of next-generation cloud cost management and FinOps. CloudZero ingests billing and usage data from all cloud, SaaS, and PaaS providers, organizes it in real time according to our customers’ business structures, lets customers view it at any level of time or resource granularity, and ultimately empowers them to make more informed business decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision, yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we’ve built a dynamic, single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we’ve raised over $52 million from leading venture capital firms across the country. We’re solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
Our platform leverages serverless technologies to create a scalable, event-driven architecture. We ingest and normalize millions of events from customer environments in real-time, using tools such as Snowflake, AWS Lambdas and AWS Step Functions to build a flexible, scalable data model that allows our customers to get unparalleled insights into their cloud cost landscape. We are organized into small, tight-knit teams of developers, and using Kanban flow, we collaboratively design, build, validate, ship, and maintain customer-facing features.
We’re looking for someone to join our cross-functional team who’s focused on making sure our customers have a delightful experience getting value from their cloud cost data. Our platform answers complex questions based on huge amounts of data, so making sure that our customers can get to the specific answers they’re looking for in an efficient way is both an interesting user experience and engineering challenge. If you like collaborating with a cross-functional team and solving tricky data problems at scale, this could be a great fit for you.
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems for our main application.
- Build to scale as we bring in users with larger datasets and bigger organizations.
- Write readable code that is easy to maintain and extend.
- Collaborate with other engineers on your team to build features that solve real customer problems.
- Help improve our engineering processes and system to ensure we have a group that can move fast and iterate quickly, giving everyone agency, ownership, and ability to impact the success of the company.
- You enjoy and have 5+ years of experience building APIs and complex backend systems in the cloud.
- You have experience managing and manipulating data at scale.
- You have a passion for building and delivering high-quality software. Our backend code is in Python, so you’ll have to be comfortable with Python.
- You are comfortable working 9-5 EST - we have a fair amount of flexibility for people to get their work done whenever works for them, but our core hours are Eastern Timezone.
- You are passionate about design patterns and pragmatically applying theory into practice when architecting out systems and code.
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams, synthesizing feedback and research into a well polished product.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CloudZero is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background and reference checks.
**Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.**