VP of People and Culture
Cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it — and macroeconomic conditions only increase pressure to prove cloud efficiency. That’s why we built CloudZero: a SaaS platform at the intersection of next-generation cloud cost management and FinOps. CloudZero ingests billing and usage data from all cloud, SaaS, and PaaS providers, organizes it in real time according to our customers’ business structures, lets customers view it at any level of time or resource granularity, and ultimately empowers them to make more informed business decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision, yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we’ve built a dynamic, single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we’ve raised over $52 million from leading venture capital firms across the country. We’re solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the role:
CloudZero is seeking a Fractional Chief People Officer (CPO) to provide strong leadership to the organization's People, Culture and HR functions. Reporting to the President & CEO, the CPO will develop and execute the HR strategy to support the overall business objectives and strategic direction of the organization; specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, performance management & people development, employee engagement & relations and DE&I, organizational design and planning, HR infrastructure and systems and compensation & benefits.
- The CPO is expected to introduce innovative ideas and creative solutions that promote our culture, drive employee engagement, and expand talent pipelines that will continue to make CloudZero a best company to work for.
- Provide strategic leadership by developing and implementing ideas to support and advise the Senior Leadership Team as it relates to their department and business objectives.
- Identify challenges and emerging HR/people issues, and proactively provide solutions
- Oversee benefits administration including compliance with appropriate state and federal legislation, obtaining competitive pricing, identifying new or alternative programs, and training team on new benefits as we grow from 60+ employees and beyond rapidly.
- Develop strategic compensation philosophy (including short and long term equity incentives) in partnership with other key stakeholders
- Develop thorough skills matrices and banding across departments and management roles across the company.
- Oversee and continue to optimize our bi-annual performance review process to support employee development and reinforce a results-oriented culture
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and continuous professional development
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure clear continuity and support for employees post on-boarding and throughout the employee lifecycle
- Develop and drive programs that encourage diversity, equity and inclusion and work in conjunction with Talent Acquisition to drive creation of diverse talent pools
- Develop HR initiatives that support our business strategies and people goals, and are reflective of our mission, culture, and core values
- Work to improve upon and investigate new HR systems that will support and create compliance for a rapidly scaling company that is remote first and spread across the country.
- Develop and manage all company handbooks and policies, ensuring compliance and promoting employee welfare and happiness
- Create, manage, and distribute all external and internal facing HR materials
- At least 15 years of leadership experience in the HR field
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; Master's degree, preferred.
- SHRM certification in PHR or SPHR
- Experience working in a rapidly growing fast-paced environment and proven record of driving effective change
- Must have experience leading the people function through significant growth and change
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing professional team and engage effectively with indirect reports and peers
- Strong knowledge of labor laws, regulations, and other guidelines
- Strong working knowledge of HR software and experience leveraging technology-enabled HR solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and roll out company wide software and HR technologies
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership and board of directors
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact strategic and tactical initiatives and anticipate future needs on the business
Equal Opportunity Employer
CloudZero is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background and reference checks.